COVID issues (please see below) mean that to operate legally we must keep a record of who uses Merlin Field. The first person to collect the key will be given a sheet that everybody who attends the field must sign. If you are not given a sheet the sheet can be found in the club room. It is members responsibility to sign the sheet and not rely on others to fill it in for them. At the end of the flying either send a photo of the form to the club secretary. It really goes without saying that some club members, some very popular club members are very vulnerable and should anyone pick up COVID please let us know so that we are able to inform anyone who may have been in contact.
Following on from the Government Statement regarding the new Laws coming into operation on 14 September 2020, the BMFA has issued a Statement on their Website.
Here is a link to the BMFA Statement for your information:
We are following the overall strategy of maintaining flying legally at Merlin Field.
Generally this means that we have to take further action to ensure that we are able to continue flying legally at Merlin Field. Main points of this are as follows:
1. We MUST MAINTAIN AND BE SEEN TO BE MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING OF AT LEAST 2 METRES AT ALL TIMES .
2. We MUST maintain records of each Member visiting the Field – this is for Track and Trace purposes. This will be kept on a simple form for you to record the times you arrive and leave the Field. The Form you complete will be kept in the Guardroom on the Airfield.First person to collect the key will be given a form. There will be a sheet for each day.Please take a photo of the form and send it to me.
3. We MUST nominate a Track & Trace Co-ordinator. (Dr John Lewis))
4. We MUST produce a Risk Assessment.
5. We should produce signage as reminders.
Please remember that Covid-19 has not just gone away. In the event that you consider you need to wear a mask, please do so – other Members will respect your decision.
When we get through this next period of Covid we want all Members to still be with us, so please take great care of not only yourself but your Clubmates too.
WHAT DO WE DO WHEN WE GO TO THE FIELD?
1. Enter our name and time of arrival on the Covid Attendance Sheet for that day
2. Maintain and BE SEEN to be maintaining Social Distancing of AT LEAST 2 METRES at all times
3. Clean down any common-use surface we touch
4. Immediately prior to leaving the Field, enter the time of leaving on the Covid Attendance Sheet.
This is not too great an amount of work to continue flying legally.
I apologise for the lateness of this information relative to the time the new Laws come into force, but we have to react to the Law and advice of our National Body, the BMFA.
As always with anything regarding Covid-19, the situation is not fixed in stone and things may change at any time including Law and Government/ Medical advice